Employment Dates: August 2000 - Present
Senior Web / Application Developer & Network Administrator
My role in the company has grown well beyond the initial position I was hired for. It has helped me to achieve a deeper understanding of the skills I currently possess. What I believe to be "taking it to the next level" by understanding how my code / scripts interacts with the other intricacies that comprise and complete a web site / application, system, network, etc.
I am responsible for implementing and maintaining company and client web sites / applications, networks, and providing support. Common daily functions include:
- Database creation and maintenance
- Network administration such as Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, managing firewalls, maintaining backups, and installing new software and hardware
- Audio and video editing
- Design and information architecture
Company: Third Eye Media Production Co.
Employment Dates: January 1999 - August 2000
Web Site Developer & Senior Flash Animator
My primary role in the company was to translate designs for the Internet (i.e. make web sites), while acting as a liaison and implementer between middleware and back-end teams. I worked closely (sometimes directly) with clients to help evaluate and achieve the project goals while providing a realistic assessment of the efforts and technologies required to complete the project.
I was responsible for implementing and maintaining company and client web sites, researching and learning newly emerging technologies and applications, helping to provide a new branding image for the company, and creating interactive CD-ROMS. Common daily functions included:
- Designing and scripting new Flash animations including a puzzle game I created
- Audio and video editing
- Creating interactive and self-installing CD-ROM projects
Company: Freelance Designer and Developer
Employment Dates: January 1995 - December 1998
Contract & Freelance Designer and Developer
- Designed and developed websites, brochure sites, presentations, and CD-ROM projects typically utilizing a wide variety of client-side technologies.
- Developed interactive CD-ROMs and self-installation applications such as shortcuts automatically installed on the systems main menu.
- Server and network administration as well as web statistic monitoring.
If you would like to some details and examples of my experience in action, please visit my portfolio and select a case study.
To secure a long term, full time, permanent position with an expanding company — focusing on the design and development of web sites and web applications — that offers a creative environment and the potential for growth consistent with my own development.
- More than 10 years website and web application design and development experience on client-side and server-side.
- Very familiar with industry standard processes & practices including the inception, elaboration, construction, and transition phases of project development.
- Exceptional design and development abilities, with extensive experience in the development of dynamic, client/server, web-based, data-driven, automated, media rich, and standalone websites & web applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills with a proven ability to identify, isolate, and resolve issues in early stages.
- Broad knowledge of web development technologies, as well as an array of skill sets such as programming and scripting, information architecture and usability, and network administration.
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver with a high aptitude and desire for learning new technologies and processes.
Technology Experience & Exposure
- HTML, DHTML, XHTML
- CSS 1, CSS 2
- Section 508
- PHP, ASP
- XML, XSL
- MySQL, SQL
- DOS (or Command Line)
- C#.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET
- Java, Velocity
- EJB, JavaBeans
- UML, RUP, OO Programming
Application Experience & Exposure
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Acrobat
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Macromedia Flash
- Macromedia/Allaire Homesite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Files for Download